Saturday, March 24, 2012

Matching Easter Dresses


Remember how I've been telling you about the Big Sewing Project I've been working (and reworking) on?  Well, it's finished!  In January, after my Christmas gift debacle (and I still haven't finished Jonathan's present yet...), I decided that the first thing I was going to do this year was make Easter dresses.  Then I could work on other stuff. 

So, here they are.  I choose coordinating fabric and some of my favorite dress patterns.  The next door neighbor has taken down his fence, which made for some nice pictures.

Hannah's dress is from the book Sewing Clothes Kids Love, by Langdon and Pollehn.  I've made it before, and it looks so much cuter on a kid than on the clothes line. 

Lydia's dress is the Party Dress from The Cottage Home.  Isn't it sweet?  It was a dream to sew, except for the part where I re-sized the bodice much too small, and had to pick out the whole thing and do it over again.


And this is a smocked skirt for me, from Make It and Love It


Aren't we going to be cute?!  After these were all sewn, Jonathan reminded me that we're going to baptize Lydia on Easter, so she'll wear the family baptismal gown to church.  Oh well.  We'll look good in our pictures, right?

2 comments:

  1. They are darling! And she won't go out to lunch in her baptismal gown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing I had some of your talent. You will be a sweet trio at Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...