Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Birthday/Thanksgiving/Anniversary (and that's about enough, don't you think?)


First of all, take a look at that turkey!  Isn't that the prettiest turkey you've ever seen?  My very talented brother-in-law cooked up that beauty on the grill.  You should have been there.  It tasted even better than it looks.

Okay, on the the people shots.  I celebrated my birthday this week.  Last year was a "milestone" birthday.  I had visions of The Melting Pot.  Instead, I had a different kind of melting pot: a church potluck, and an all-night drive to Chicago.  This year, Jonathan made a very nice to-do about the date, and boy was it fun. 

It involved a lot of chocolate cake, so what was not to enjoy?


Jonathan and my friend Anne made a really nice surprise birthday lunch for me last week. Anne made the richest, most decadent chocolate cake I've ever had.  It smelled like cocoa.  I think I ate about a quarter of it, along with some vanilla ice cream.  Yummy!


I also took full advantage of the free cakes at restaurants, the most memorable of which was this mud pie cupcake.  More yummy!


For the holiday (Thanksgiving, not my birthday), we went to Chicagoland to visit Jonathan's family.  The girls got to be memorialized on Opa's door jam, a much tidier version of my grandma's door.




Looks fun, huh?


Hannah and Cousin Brady had a real blast together.  Check out the "Magic Ball" bouncing competition.  This went on for about an hour.  (Don't tell Uncle Wally, whose deathly afraid that something will go through his TV.)


 Meanwhile, Lydia participated in a rousing game of Pass The Baby.


And edged out by the football game, while the grown-ups were engaged in tryptophan comas, the kids settled down in the abandoned dining room to watch Toy Story.

And as for the wedding anniversary that wasn't?  Even though Thanksgiving was a good time to get married, it's a bad time to have an anniversary.  So that's postponed for later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...