Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Friends are Crafty Too


Some of my friends gathered last night at the local Italian restaurant to enjoy a kid-free evening of pizza, pasta, cupcakes, and laughter. Lucky for two among us, the occasion was to celebrate our soon-expected babies. Let me tell you, squeezing three pregnant women into either side of a booth was a sight to see!
But I want to show off the talents of my wonderful friends, who made beautiful and thoughtful baby gifts. I brought a present for the other guest of honor, which I carried in my purse. After looking around and seeing that no one else had a gift of any kind with them, it remained there...until one crafty mama "went to the bathroom," and returned with two baskets brimming with bounty. The other baby, whose name is well known and loved, had an entirely personalized basket. But Little Sister (whom my grandpa calls NUK for Name UnKnown) was showered with gifts that cleverly said Wee Warren. Luckily, my friends are among my eight faithful readers, and made Little Sister's things in purple with elephants.

So let me brag on my crafty friends, and show you the wonderful things waiting to welcome Little Sister to the world.

Here's a wonderful wall hanging - perfect for the nursery...

...some super cute elephant thank you cards (check out Amy's website)...

...a whole crew of hand-made and embroidered burp clothes and bibs. If that didn't inspire me to finally sit down and learn how to use my embroidery machine...

...then this would! I can't wait to take pictures of the girls in these!
In fact, Hannah was only too happy to model her new Big Sis shirt.

And I can't forget to mention the made-from-scratch cupcakes, complete with scrumptious butter cream icing.

I was SO excited about these because I had spent the whole afternoon baking six dozen pineapple upside down cupcakes for church, which I couldn't eat. So you better believe I enjoyed my pretty baby pink cake!

Thanks to my wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...