Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 5: Jeans Dress for Hannah

Here's Hannah's half of the sister's denim dresses. This pattern is also from Rob Merrett's Making Baby's Clothes.







It buttons in the back, which I think is a really nice detail.





The original pattern called for a fully lined dress, with the second (in my case, red) ruffle attached to the lining. I just couldn't see lining a denim dress with another layer of denim - especially for a little girl. So I just added the second ruffle into the hem.


My favorite moment of these outfits? When we wore these to the library, the librarian asked where did I find such cute matching dresses.






"I made them."



"You did?"



"Yes."



"Oh. Wow."






Yeah...that's one of the reasons we sew, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Your topstitching looks very neat! I'm very particular about details like that (even though my own projects aren't always as neat as I'd like). Adorable dress.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...